The new year is almost upon us, but while we're still in the midst of the holiday season, it's not too early to start planning for next month. As we do every month, we've compiled a list of notable events taking place in the Chicago area that marketers won't want to miss. Please let us know if you're planning to attend any of them!
Microsoft's Tech Summit
Microsoft is currently holding a series of free tech summits across the country, and the Chicago event is scheduled for January 19-20. While this event leans more toward technology, with content geared toward developers and IT managers, it will also include plenty of interest for marketers, with sessions that look at implementing Office 365, using Skype for collaboration, and gaining business intelligence through data analytics. It will also provide an opportunity to connect with Microsoft engineers to learn more about the value that their products can bring. For a complete look at what will be offered, visit the page for the Chicago summit.
Classes and Workshops
- Thursday, January 5, 6:00-7:00 PM: Skillshare: Snapchat Geofilter Tutorial - This learning and networking opportunity, presented by Art Room Events, will look at how to create custom geofilters to use as a marketing tool on Snapchat. Tickets are $10.
- Thursday, January 5, 6:00-8:00 PM: Introduction to Google Analytics - This class from General Assembly will offer a hands-on look at how to get the most out of Google Analytics to analyze your website's traffic data and use it in your digital marketing strategy. Tickets are $40.
- Tuesday, January 17, 5:30-8:00 PM: Evening With an Expert Series: Essential Skills for Today's Marketer - This panel discussion, presented by the Chicago AMA, will look at the skills that digital marketers need to succeed in today's landscape. Tickets are $75, or $35 for AMA members.
- Thursday, January 19, 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM: Chicago Business Marketing Association January Luncheon - In addition to opportunities for networking, this event will feature a presentation about social media marketing trends and strategies from Scott Brandt of Sprout Social. Tickets are $70, or $49 for BMA members.
- Thursday, January 19, 6:00-8:00 PM: Intro to SEO - This class from General Assembly will look at the basics of Search Engine Optimization and how to create a SEO-friendly content strategy. Tickets are $40.
- Wednesday, January 25, 6:00-8:00 PM: Digital Marketing 101 - This class from General Assembly will look at the curreng digital landscape and how marketers can take advantage of the opportunities available, including search engine marketing, social media, email marketing and more. Tickets are $40.
- Wednesday, January 18, 6:00-8:00 PM: ITA Marketing Executive Leadership Exchange - The Illinois Tech Alliance presents this free event for marketing executives from growth-stage technology companies to meet with each other, network, and discuss issues.
- Thursday, January 19, 6:30 PM: Chicago Product Management Mastermind New Years Party and Networking Event - This free event is a chance for marketers and designers who work in product management to get together and meet other members of their community.
- Tuesday, January 24, 5:30-7:30 PM: Around Chicago Live! Skydeck Chicago - This networking event for Chicago professionals will take place in the Skydeck of Willis Tower. Tickets are $25.
- Wednesday, January 25, 5:30-7:30 PM: Chicago AMA Connex - This event is a great chance for marketers in the Chicago area to connect with each other. Tickets are $20, or $10 for AMA members.
We hope you have a great new year, and we hope that these events will help you have a great start to 2017! If you're planning on going to any of them, please let us know! If you would like us to mention your own event, please feel free to share it in the comments below. See you in 2017!