Ever since the announcement of the merger between Episerver and Ektron, questions and rumors have been swirling around the future of both platforms. As news continues to be released about the future of the converged platform, one question that we’ve continually heard from our clients who currently utilize the Ektron platform is whether Episerver is the new version of Ektron.
The answer to that question is, essentially, yes. The Episerver Digital Experience Cloud will be the future of the converged platform, incorporating the latest and the greatest features of both Episerver and Ektron and providing users of both platforms with the best options for the future.
With this understanding, we wanted to answer a couple questions that we’ve been hearing about the converged platform:
Is Moving from Ektron to Episerver Going to Be a Simple Process?
Not quite. Unlike Ektron upgrades of the past, Episerver is an entirely different platform, and migrating from Ektron to Episerver will require significant coding rework (including content migration) in order for the upgrade to be effective. If you’re curious about the amount of work and budget necessary for a migration, we can work with you to make sure you understand what needs to be done.
What Benefits Will I Get Out of Migrating to the Converged Platform?
As we mentioned above, the converged platform will incorporate the best features of both Episerver and Ektron, including:
- Unlimited Content Editors – There will be no limit on the number of users who can input and edit website content.
- Advanced and More Robust Search Capabilities – Episerver Find adds powerful search functionality.
- Personalized and Targeted Content – Episerver’s Visitor Groups provide powerful capabilities for personalizing content, especially when integrated with a Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) like HubSpot.
- Real On-page Editing – The converged platform will provide a true on-page editing experience, allowing users to see how their content will appear on the live website as they are editing it.
- Secure and Integrated Content and Commerce Capabilities – By integrating content and commerce on the same site, Episerver allows site editors to create a seamless experience across their entire site.
- Marketing and CRM Platform Integration – Integrating third-party systems into your Episerver website is a simple process that allows you to eliminate the possibility of data silos in your digital strategy.
These are just some of the benefits of the converged platform, and the great thing about them is that they are all native to the platform and available out of the box.
Planning For the Future
Moving to the converged platform is a process that will take planning, but the benefits are clear, and it will allow site owners to be in the position to take advantage of the latest online opportunities and meet the needs of your users. Do you have any questions for us about migrating to Episerver? Do you want to know more about how to budget for this change? Please contact us, and our Solutions Engineers will work with you to make sure you’re in the best position for the future.